||[Feb. 15th, 2006|10:41 pm]
nice and lucy
hey there... been a while again I know... sorry :( the thing is that I feel this blog is so very neglected... that it's hard to pick it all up again and get the momentum back.... and all my photos are gone because I changed ISPs.... and now if I wanna replace them all I have to go back and individually upload them all again to a new space... and I don't even know if my new ISP has given me a new space... and if they have I don't know where it is... blah blah whinge whinge. SO you guessed it... I'm breaking my promise and will have to keep posting without photos for a little while. Oh how depressing :( |
ANYWAY I hope you can forgive me (again)... I am working on it.
meantime this week has been kinda busy and good actually GREAT :) here are the reasons why -
- i had my first Japanese lesson finally! i LOVE it so much! it's hard but so fun... I forgot how fun it is to sit in class and learn and take notes and use my brain. :) watashi wa Lucy Des... watashi wa osutaria jin des.. watashi wa seito des... hee hee! Must study lots for next week. hai.
- got VERY spoilt for Valentines day... I make such a fuss of this holiday which most people seem to think is completely pointless... but I say HEY if it gets the odd husband/boyfriend to buy their lady a bunch of flowers once a year that's gotta be a good thing huh? I mean... I know it would be better if boys just thought of these things and did them spontaneously on any given day but they just don't. So what's wrong with a little encouragement?? anyway I digress... James surprised me completely by hiring a video projector and screen and romantic movie (Jean Pierre Jeunet's 'A Very Long Engagement') and made a cinema in my front room! So we snuggled under the doona and watched it together! how cool is THAT? I was very impressed... x
- have been quite good at 'networking'. MAN i hate that word. I need to come up with a nicer-sounding alternative. BUT anyway I sent out a lot of CV's last week... and this week met 2 new people and spoke to a few others on the phone to set up some meetings. Man I hate it though.
AND also I forgot to mention that I spent last weekend camping at such a beautiful place... Wilson's Prom is only 3 hours away but I didn't even know it was so utterly beautiful. I will post photos when I get that stuff sorted but meantime look here. It is so stunning... and being a national park is one of the only places in Australia where the beautiful beach is not spoilt by development. I am not at all a camping person but it was so fun... went in a large group (12 people!), ate a LOT of gorgeous food, walked to beautiful beaches and enjoyed the summer for maybe the last time... autumn's just around the corner...
aahh maybe that's all the news I have.. but might as well end with this because you know.. everyone's doing it...
4 jobs I've had
- props buyer /set dresser/ art dept assistant in the film industry
- sales assistant at giant craft/sewing store
- volunteer homework tutor
4 movies I can watch over and over
- Amelie (sorry to be so predictable! Does anyone not have this on their list?)
- High Fidelity
- School of Rock
- My Neighbour Totoro
4 places I've lived
- London, UK
- Melbourne, Australia
4 TV shows
- Newlyweds (do not mention the impending divorce please... I am devastated!)
- Little Britain
- The Ugly Stick (I have to say this because it's the show my boy is making for a community TV station here called channel 31)
4 places I've visited (in order of how much I wanna go back)
- Tokyo and Kyoto, Japan (can't decide which I like best)
- Koh Pang Nan island, Thailand
- Barcelona, Spain
- NYC, USA
4 of my favourite dishes
- Chilli and Thai Basil veg and tofy stiryfry with Pad Thai from Thaila Thai in Brunwick East, Melbourne
- Chicken curry, roti and belachan spinach from Ah Loys in Brighton, Melbourne
- anything from Khake de Hatti, Brunwick East, Melbourne
- Chickpea bake from The Morrocan Soup Kitchen, Nth Fitzroy, Melbourne
4 sites I visit daily
- Whip up
- design sponge
4 places I would rather be
- working on a feature film in the US, UK, anywhere where films with decent budgets get made!
- in Kyoto on a bicycle, cycling up into the hills to visit temples... and eating green tea icecream from 7-11 on the way
- in Thailand on a quiet, hidden beach
- in bed with my honey
now.. I tag - Pinku Kat, The other Lucy (that's Canadian, polka-dot loving, stripey sock wearing Lucy), Kitty Kitty and HolsDolls Holly... (I would also have said Nebo Peklo Natalie, Floating world views Suzy and many more but you've already done it!) xx